Sunday, November 30, 2008

Tis the Season..

Well with Thanksgiving here and gone, the holiday season has arrived. We've had such a busy but fun weekend. It started on Thursday- Thanksgiving.. First we went to Tim's aunts house, then went to my Grandma's later that afternoon for another feast :) All of my family was there, it was so fun to see everyone, especially my cousins new little (but very chubby) baby boy.. he's just 3 weeks older than Mckray! Here's a picture of Mckray and Bryson laying on the floor, they can't play with eachother yet, but give them a year and they'll be out of control! :)

After we were all done eating, the men watched the football game, while the girls looked thru the ads for "BLACK FRIDAY" Its a tradition for all of us girls to go shopping the day after Thanksgiving for all of the awesome deals!

So with our shopping lists at hand, we woke up at about 3:00 am Friday morning and headed for Provo. Sears was our first stop, followed by Kmart, JC Penny, a bunch of little stores in the mall, Target, Shopko, Babies R us and Roxy/Quiksilver.. In between all of this, we went and ate at IHOP- I LOVE their pancakes. So here's a picture of everyone at breakfast- I had to take the picture with my phone since I had left my camera at home.

Well after a 12 hour day of shopping we were all SO tired and ready to go home..

Saturday Tim and I woke up, he made me breakfast (he's just so dang sweet) then we got all bundled up to go and cut down our Christmas tree! We met Lacee and Colter and my mom and dad in Fairview and drove to the place where we could get our trees. After hiking the side of the mountain we finally found one, and I LOVE it! Afterwards, Tim went trap shooting while Mckray and I stayed at my moms and helped her put up her Christmas decorations. When Tim was done shooting he picked us up, we went home and got ready for the Mt. Pleasant lighting. Mt. Pleasant did a new thing this year, they had closed Main Street, and all of the businesses did little games, Santa was there, a choir and hot chocolate.. So we bundled up once again and headed for Main Street. Here is a picture of Mckray all bundled, he was so snuggly!!!

When we got home from the lighting, we put our tree up, and decorated it- It was so much fun.. the whole time Mckray just sat there and looked at the lights, his eyes were so big!


4 comments:

Annalee and Buck said...

That seriously sounds like it was so much fun. I'm jealous I wasn't there for Mt. Pleasant's lighting, that is way cool they're doing that. Your tree does look way good, you decorate so cute!

Syme Family said...

I'm glad you had fun shopping with your family. That is pretty early to get up and go.
Your tree is really cute. I love real trees. I was so excited because we got a really tree too. It's the first one I've ever had. That I can remember.

Taya Marie said...

McKray is getting so big. He is so cute! BLaCK FRIDAY is a blast, a lil crazy but still fun. I love your christmas tree. And yes, we are going to the Christmas party. We will see you there?

daddymommyandbabysteggell said...

So. . . I went shopping the same day, and lets just say, TOYS R US was absolutely out of control. But it was a lot of fun, and I think I drove my mom nuts. Mckray looks so cute!! We will have to plan a lunch date soon.