Thursday, April 2, 2009

I'll consider myself lucky..

.... if I still have a husband by the end of the week!
For those of you who think that Tim is NOT patient...
I am a MESS!! Seriously I think having kids makes you loose your mind! I only have one child.. I only work 16 hours a week and you would think that I could get things right, right? Well today I find out that I just paid almost $700 extra on our house payment for this month. I signed up for automatic bill pay (where they take it directly out of your account.. ) today Tim looked at his bank account and was a little curious as to why we're giving the mortgage company an extra $660. Come to find out.. his brilliant wife typed in $660 in the extra principle amount box, therefore, its not the mortgage company's fault.. its mine!!! Seriously, what the??? Luckily they can send us a refund on it (thats probably the only reason I'm still alive!) Then the only payment I don't have on automatic bill pay, my cell phone.. yep forgot to pay that one! Don't worry though, I caught it in time so you can still call me :) Yeah.. I've lost it!
So you're probably thinking that forgetting to pay the bills or paying hundreds extra isn't so bad, right? Well, I, being so brilliant decide that I need to get Tim GOOD for April Fools day.. all of the ladies at work have good ones for their husbands, faking pregnancies etc. So I had a major brainstorm session and decided that taking his derby car out of our backyard would be SUPER AWESOME! If any of you know Tim, you know that his derby cars are his most prized possessions, somedays I think he would probably pick them over his wife (today being one of them).. anyway, so I call my dad and talk him into towing the car to someone elses house for the day, well Colter thought it would be even funnier to take it to Sterlings house. So they did! Then I posted the car on KSL to pretend like someone had stollen it and was trying to sell it. (Tim checks KSL for derby cars probably three times a day) Sorry, this is getting really long- to make a long story short.. Sterling called Tim, Tim called me.. then Sterling hid Tims derby car from the both of us, and now we don't have a derby car in the back yard.. and its not April Fools day anymore! Tim hasn't told me just how frustrated he is with me... yet. But I'm sure if I continue this behavior, he's gonna do something about it!! ha ha :) What an amazing patient man! Sorry for this week babe.. I'll make it up to you!!

7 comments:

Cory and Lacey Jo said...

Whaa HA HA HA!!! This is super funny.. okay not so much you being out about 700 bucks, but the derby car thing is seriously crackin me up!!! That was such a good idea... except the whole Sterling part.. that's a little scary!!! HA HA HA, I'm seriously still laughing this is great!!

daddymommyandbabysteggell said...

lol. . . HAHAHAHAHA. I seriously laughed so hard I almost pee'd my pants my eyes were so watery I could barely read the last bit of the story. That is a really great april fools prank though. I will remember that for next year!!!!

Sheena said...

Ha ha ha, that is a great prank. ;)
Chalk one up for you!
I suck at keeping secrets from Scott, so I could never have pulled that off. Its fun to read about yours though. Ha ha ha.

Annalee and Buck said...

Ha ha ha that is hilarious! I remember Tim's first car he ever had and you and me going to the shop with him and puss to work on it just so you could hang out with him. How funny! Good joke :)

Jake and Cheryl said...

Thats a great prank! I would never dare touch Jake's derby car. Some days I think he would choose the car over me too lol. I'm very forgetful to but I don't know what my problem is I don't have kids. I'm glad the norgage company with give you a refund.

Anonymous said...

Hey Lindsay, it has been a really long time since I have talked to you and I saw your blog, once I finally decided to create mine!! LOL, hope all is well for you and Tim! Your little boy is so cute! I bet it is an amazing feeling being a mom! Stay in touch!

Team Bailey said...

Hi Lindsay. I don't know if you know or remember me(Elise(Shepherd) Bailey) but I check your blog every now & then, and I just can't keep my mouth shut anymore....Your little boy has to be one of the most DARLING baby boys I have EVER SEEN! He is SO BEAUTIFUL..and those EYES! That little face is just to die for! How lucky you are to be his mommy! Little boys are the funnest. Enjoy every moment!