Monday, May 4, 2009

Just a quick post to keep you up-to-date with our little, but busy, family of three..
Mckray: Is recovering from a couple of weeks of pure sickness.. starting with a parainfluenza virus, ending in pneumonia. We spent a weekend in the ER, and about 3 days in the hospital, but with an antibiotic and some oxygen, he's back to his craziest little self! Still isn't crawling, but is on his hands and knees rocking back and forth.. I've been worried that he hasn't made his move yet, but everyone assures me that he's just fine and he'll do it when he's ready, so we'll see. Over the last two days has turned from a mommy's boy to a daddy's boy, and I'm not very happy about it, but his daddy loves it! He is growing like crazy.. I swear he looks so big all of a sudden. He ate 13 ounces in about 3 hours today... seriously, what the ???? and yes, he is still sucking his thumb!

Tim: Hasn't had a shop night for a couple of weeks, and is starting that back up. For those of you who don't know what shop night is, Tim has dedicated one night a week to go up to the shop to work on his derby car, not just any night, Monday night (yes instead of family night, its shop night) he and his friends go up and solve the worlds problems while putting together this car. We've been so busy, he hasn't really had much time to go up there (he thinks) so he has just informed me that he's "going to be spending alot more time up there, and I may not like it" (yes, those are his words). Still playing on the farm with his brothers, its a lot of work at times, but he loves it! He's keeping busy with his wife instructing him what he needs to help her with in the house, particularly the basement (which is SO close to being done.. I'll post pics later) we just have a few odd and end jobs left, so I have a tendency to nag until its done.. (its a terrible habit) but he's keeping up pretty well. He's doing a great job at being a father, husband, farmer, phone guy and derby car driver (thats what he labels himself as) all while he's trying to recover from a sinus infection!

Lindsay: Can't wait until the weather is actually warm enough to plant flowers and play in the yard with Tim and Kray. I've had a darn cold for about a week now, and its making me crazy... seriously, how do I get rid of it? I have been cooped up inside for way too long, between the hospital and having to keep Kray in the house, I'm getting a little stir crazy! I'm planning Lacee's bridal shower, and getting ready for Mother's Day and my dad's birthday (all within the same week) I'm feeling a little overwhelmed, but I'm sure we'll survive. I've made the cutest little letters that spell out MCKRAY for his bedroom wall, they turned out so cute. Also brainstorming decoration ideas for our basement, so if you have anything that is super cute, let me know! Trying to keep the house clean and sanitized to keep Kray from getting any sicker. Still just working 16 hours a week at the hospital and loving it!! Its such a blessing to be so close to home, and not having to be away from Mckray much... motherhood is keeping me plenty busy, but I wouldn't trade it for a thing!!!

Seriously, so handsome!

6 comments:

Curtis~Kali~Jaxton~Boston said...

I'm glad Mckray is feeling better. Tim had told my mom that he was in the hospital and I felt so bad. It's hard when they can't tell you how they feel and what they need. I love the letters that you made they are really cute.

Anonymous said...

It's about time you blogged!! Don't worry about Kray I looked and Ty was just starting to crawl now at Kray's age. So if he is that close he will be taking off in no time, (then you wait Lady you are in trouble) and as for Kray being a daddy's boy I totally know how you feel but I think that is just how it goes. Let me know if you need help with anything!

The Lusks said...

I am glad Kray is feeling better. You are so creative I love the letters they are adorable... Let me know when your basment is finished I will have to come over and check it out.

Cory and Lacey Jo said...

The letters in Kray's room are super cute, they turned out perfect!! I am glad he is feeling better, now we just need to get you on the mend!!

dallasandstephanie.blogspot.com said...

Chase isn't crawling either! He is doing the rocking thing too. Mckray is so dang cute. I'm glad he is feeling better.

Sheena said...

The rocking is totally normal, Elgen did that for about a week and started crawling shortly after. :)
Glad Kray is feeling better, thats no fun to have a sick baby, and the stress that comes along with being in the ER is not fun.