Sunday, July 26, 2009

Things have been really busy, so this is a pretty long post.. We've been camping, fourwheeling, BBQ-ing, parade-ing, rodeo-ing and of course.. DERBY-ing!!!

The week of the 24th Tims family always camps all week long, its so nice up there. During our camping trip we took a 50 mile fourwheeler ride, and yes we took Mckray with us. He loves riding on the fourwheeler and didn't whine at all during the whole 6 hours we were gone. It was an amazing, beautiful ride. Here are some pictures of our camping/fourwheeling trip...

This is our tree.. we first carved our names in it in 2004 and have been there every year since. except 2006- which is the year we got married and I'm pretty bummed about it.





Proud owner of a 1970 Chrysler 300 {before}

I didn't get any pictures of him in action, I was too busy recording it, but here are the after pictures.. it's not as damaged as Tim would've liked it, but at least he can use it for next year. I think he did a great job!

I love this picture.. after Tim unloaded the car, he had my little brother go and park it, Cassidy was in heaven! Isn't Tim amazing!?



some of my most favorite people in the world at the derby!

It was so cute.. on Saturday Tim had to go put everything away from the derby so I told him that I was going to go to the little cowboy expo at the park with my family {since my grandparents were selling tickets} anyway about 20 minutes later, Tim came up in his "cowboy clothes" {as he refered to them as, since it was rodeo day..} I was a little surprised, but he looked so handsome!


And lastly, we were in the horse parade this year.. my Grandpa built a wagon for his mules to pull and he's usually in the parades, well they told us that the city gives you free rodeo tickets if you ride in the parade, so we decided to take them up on the offer. Mckray was so cute, there was a baby mule walking to the side of him and he loved it, he starred at it the whole time and even got to pet it!


I LOVE where we live.. and I LOVE this time of year!!!

5 comments:

Syme Family said...

That does look like a busy week. That four wheeler ride would be so fun. I love your guys tree. That is so cute.
I'm glad you guys had so much fun being together as a family.

Annalee and Buck said...

Hey, thanks again so much for the tickets and helping us out this year. I'm sorry I didn't give you enough for them, I really will give you more money for them if you want. Also I was gonna tell you, I took pictures of Tim in the Derby in action, specifically with giving them to you in mind, so if you want them, let me know and I can print them off for you, or email them to you, or both. I tried to take as many as I could, so let me know and I'll get them to you asap. Cute pics of Mckray, and that's so cool you guys have that tree and have gone to it every year, what a cool tradition!

Annalee and Buck said...

No problem, and again, thank you for the tickets. I'll email those to you as soon as I can, our internet is down for just a few days at my apt. but I'll try to do it at work if I can get on the internet. Either way you should have them within a few days. :)

Kailee Joy said...

Busy! Busy! Love the Tree, what a cool idea.. that's cool that you and Tim have gone back every year (minus when you were married!)
Tim's car turned out great...
Looks like you've been busy but, have had lots of fuN!

The Lusks said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun. Tim did such a good job in the derby and I love that he had your and Mckray's names on the car so cute. It was good to see you.

Love ya!!!!!