Monday, February 16, 2009

So I know I've been the worst blogger ever lately- things have just been so crazy! We're trying to finish our basement, so we've been doing as much as we can down there in our spare time. Tim started playing city league basketball 3-on-3.. and I've been playing the city league volleyball, its fun but takes a lot of our nights. I've also been working more lately, they've asked me to fill in a lot at the hospital, so instead of having my nights and days off- I haven't had a day off in a long time.. so you can just imagine what my house looks like! Also, Kray has been teething, so when he's not sleeping (which doesn't happen much lately) he's whining and crying and just wants you to WALK him around.. So things have been a little stressed at our house, and I've wanted to pull my hair out a few times.. but we're getting through it! :)

Ok, now Valentines day- SUPER fun!! We decided to go to Moab, just because neither of us had been there before and Tim had a free night stay at a hotel down there. We woke up about 6 am on Saturday morning (not by choice- remember Kray isn't sleeping!) First thing Tim said to me was, "Honey, I think the Easter bunny came to you".. Yeah, talk about confusion when you're super sleep deprived and trying to come to- I don't know where he comes up with these things. Anyway, I looked on the table and he had 6 beautiful pink roses, and a bag- so I opened the bag and there's a super-sweet hot pink Nikon digital camera(another reason haven't been able to blog- camera broke!) I love, love, LOVE it! It was so cute- he picked it all by himself and everything! After being so excited, we made a yummy breakfast and got ready, then headed to Moab. It was pretty stormy up until we got out of Manti and then it wasn't too bad. When we got into Moab it was 47 degrees and blue skies- SO NICE! We went and saw the hole in the rock.. a house that a couple had made out of a rock mountain- it was so cool, Tim loved it. The whole time he kept saying "Wow, this is so crazy!" Then we went to the Arches National Park. It is so beautiful there- I can't believe that rock actually forms in those ways, we didn't get to do much walking around or hiking because we had Mckray, but it was still so much fun. Later that night, we went out and had an awesome dinner, and went back to our hotel and watched movies and hung out together.. We had such a good time and it was much needed. I absolutely loved just having the three of us spend time together.. We've both decided that we need to go back there when its a little warmer and when Kray is a little bigger. Sorry to yak your ears off- but here are some pictures of our weekend!
On our way down..
These are at Hole in the rock

And here are some pictures at Arches

This picture (above) is my favorite- Kray was crying the whole time then I was following him and Tim back to the car and he just started grinning! What a silly baby!

10 comments:

Curtis~Kali~Jaxton~Boston said...

McKray is getting so big. He's a doll. It sounds like you guys had fun. I keep trying to talk Curtis into getting away but, it's not working.

Jake and Cheryl said...

I can't believe you guys have never been to Moab. I love hole in the rock. I want to take Jake there some time. Arches is fun too. You guys should go river rafting down there it is a BLAST!!!
Anyway glad you had fun!

The Lusks said...

That sounds like so much fun. I am glad you had a good Valentines day. McKray is so cute, he is getting so big. Good luck with your basement I will have to come by and see it.

Syme Family said...

Since you work more does that mean you won't be able to come visit me?
I'm glad you guys got to get away. It's so nice to just spend time with your own family. You for sure need to go back. There are a lot of fun hikes.
Sorry you haven't been getting much sleep. A couple weeks ago Robyn had four teeth coming in so I know how you feel.

Sheena said...

Did you just love Moab? I didn't know you had never been there! It's pretty. I went with my parents a few times, its so pretty down there. Lots to see. :)
Scott and I went to Vegas and it was warm there too. It felt like it was 60 the whole time we were there.

Taya Marie said...

Sounds like you had a good Valentines Day Linds! Looks like a lot of fun! McKray is as cute as ever :)

Annalee and Buck said...

That sounds like SO much fun! I want to go do that now! Going places and staying in hotels is like my favorite thing ever to do. And how sweet of him for your gift! I want a new camera so bad. That's awesome, you two did good :)
P.S. cute pics!

Hailee and Chet said...

McKray is so cute. It looks like you guys had tons of fun. Whats your address so I can send you an invite? My email is haileerasmussen@hotmail.com.

daddymommyandbabysteggell said...

Well you said you needed a getaway, and you got one. It is so nice to get away even if there is work involved with a baby but the memories are so worth is. It looks like you guys had a great time. And I feel you on the teething, Jaden is going through the same thing, it makes for long hard days.

Kailee Joy said...

How fun!! I love the last picture... adorable! He's so cute and getting so big!